Desktop as a Service
How? Why? When?
Comparison (Page 4)
Each organisation will have its own unique mix of requirements when selecting a suitable desktop solution.
- Where does DaaS fit in? (What is your ambition for the data centre)
- Does it add or reduce complexity?
- Should I continue with on-promeis VDI?
Where to begin?
- Understand your where your business is heading
- Are your users online or offline workers?
- What kind of apps are people using
- Have you adopted a BYO model? (Legal & HR are main blockers)
- Analysis, discovery
- Amazon AWS Workspace – Has application virtualisation tool
- VMware (on Azure)
- What does it cost?
- How is security managed?
- Client Requirements
- OS Type & Applications
Where is best to locate desktops. Desktops host apps, always put the apps (user's highest utilised app) as close as possible to the apps backend.
Licenses – Licenses tend to be owned by the customer and are 'transfered' to the cloud. AWS DaaS price includes license fees.