2. Interfacing with a Kubernetes cluster and managing resources.
3. Helm package manager for Kubernetes.
4. Prometheus monitoring engine and alerting to slack.
Click-Free Application Deployment using the magic of Powershell and Chocolately – Paul Broadwith, Supreme Commander & Senior Technical Engineer, Chocolately Software
Ever wished you could take all of those applications you run, install them and not have to click anything? Easily keep them up to date and not click anything? What if I told you that you could use your best scripting language EVER too?
PowerShell and Chocolatey for pain-free software installation.
After this talk, you will come away with an understanding of:
* The difference between software installers and packages;
* How to create a Chocolatey package using PowerShell, a Nuget specification file and the software binary that will install the software without clicking a single button!
* How to package that ‘special snowflake’ software installer that just really wants to make you click some buttons!
* How to use Pester to test your packages;
* How to be part of the community, share and collaborate by uploading your new package for the world to use!
* What the package review process is, how it helps you and how it gives peace of mind to those downloading and using your package;
* How to keep your packages constantly up to date without lifting a finger, using PowerShell goodness and the Chocolatey AU module;
* How to keep the software on your computer continuously up to date and keep it secure;
Learn how to create a Chocolatey package using your favourite scripting language sharing it, installing it and keeping it continuously up to date. Come with me on this journey, and you’ll see a world of Windows Automation.Click Free Application Deployment With The Magic Of PowerShell and Chocolatey - 20190829 - Tech UG Glasgow
Cyber Threat Landscape – Understanding your Risk, Now and in the Future – Colin Gracie, Enterprise Sales Manager, SonicWALL
Even for organisations, businesses and governments, a cyberattack is personal. At its very core, they strip these establishments and employees of their identities, intellectual property, privacy reputation and monetary. To promote global awareness and facilitate important dialogues, Sonicwall remains steadfast in its commitment to research, analyse and share threat intelligence via the SonicWall Cyber Threat Report. Join us for an overview of this years report and what to look for in the future when planning your Cyber Security strategy.
The presentation will focus on the recent changes to the threat landscape and modern malware. With advice on some key security policies and strategies that should be in place to protect against these modern threats including how Sonicwall can help to achieve their goals.
- What are the biggest threats of the past 12 months and are you protected?
- What do we see to be the biggest threats of the next 12 months and are you ready?
- Are you using cloud applications and are you protected?
- Why Ransomware affects everyone.
Transform the employee experience with an intelligent workspace solution – Adam Cooperman, Senior Systems Engineer, Citrix
Learn how the intelligent Citrix Workspace organises, guides, and automates work. Citrix Workspace enables more efficient ways of working that improve employee engagement by delivering personalised, digital work experiences with streamlined, intelligent workflows and secure access to all applications and files from any device.
What you will take away from this session:
- Uncover what an Intelligent Workspace is and how to deliver it
- Understand how you can provide users with a single, secure point of entry with a familiar consistent interface regardless of device type
- Discover how micro apps within a Workspace help employees work smarter and reach outcomes faster, increasing productivity
- Learn how your employees can have seamless SSO access to corporate SaaS and web apps for unprecedented visibility and control
Troubleshoot and Optimize VDI User Experience with ControlUp’s New Automation Solution – Lindell Harry, Pre-Sales Engineer, ControlUp
At this session you’ll learn how ControlUp puts you in control of your IT infrastructure, making you more efficient and effective in providing your end-users with a great experience. With ControlUp, you get a real-time, unified view of all hosts, datastores, virtual machines, user sessions, and processes so you can quickly identify problems, drill down to find the source, apply a fix, and validate resolution—all without leaving the ControlUp console.
Attend this session to learn:
- How ControlUp allows you to control & optimize your virtual environments in real-time from one console.
- How ControlUp’s new automation solution lets you target and remediate infrastructure issues in seconds and remediate those issues in the future without requiring your intervention.
- Understand how ControlUp can help you pinpoint the root cause of infrastructure issues to eliminate guesswork and finger-pointing.
Computing at the Edge – Graeme Fletcher, Scotland Sales Manager, Lenovo & Alasdair McLaren, Technical Architect, Lenovo DCG
Understand how Lenovo is helping clients when around 10% of enterprise-generated data is created and processed outside a traditional centralized data centre cloud. By 2022, Gartner predicts this figure will reach 75%.Introduction to Edge Servers Cut
‘And now for something completely different ….with Irn Bru’ – Craig Dalrymple, Senior Systems Engineer, brightsolid
A frank and open presentation about mental health in IT, it is real and it really can happen to anyone …did I mention there will be Irn Bru?
- Mental Health affects everyone
- How to recognise symptoms
- A real-world story about experiencing mental health issues.
- Some support resources when experiencing mental health issues.
Reducing the Risk of Cost Chaos in the Public Cloud – Mike Stephenson, Azure MVP, Cloud Advisor & Coach, Connected Systems Consulting
We’ve heard from users at several TechUG around the UK that whilst there is lots of enthusiasm for shifting workloads to the Public Cloud, many organisations are holding back due to uncertainty over cost control. Azure MVP Mike Stephenson presents some recent research on mitigating cost risk for such projects and shares some ideas for how you can estimate future costs and keep cosy chaos at bay.Reducing the Risk of Cost Chaos in the Public Cloud - Mike Stephenson
Chaos and order – managing Windows as a Service with Microsoft Intune – Simon Binder, Principal Solutions Architect, Atea Sweden
Have you looked at the servicing model of Windows 10 and thought: “Are Microsoft mad, my organization will never cope with this?!” If so, this session is for you! (and no, they are not!)
Using Intune & ConfigMgr I’ll walk you through how to create an automated solution for WaaS. To spice it up, OMS, Azure Automation and community tools are added to the mix. With this, you’ll have tools, knowledge & inspiration to start building a solution that suits your needs and environment.
Forced DR, Lessons Learnt – Brendon Higgins, Technical Architect, Wrigleys Solicitors
You’ve had a great weekend and are looking forward to the week ahead, the Sun is shining, then the ‘Black Monday’ hurricane hits you full force and DR needs to kick in sharpish. Brendon shares some lessons with the benefit of hindsight about how many of the problems encountered on ‘black Monday’ could have been avoided, are they waiting to trip you up?
Desktop Infrastructure Management – someone else’s problem or just automate – Brendon Higgins, Technical Architect at Wrigleys Solicitors
Do you really care if what you need just happens, as if by magic? Brendon discusses their recent TechChange project that involved Desktop Infrastructure Management and an automation programme that removed complexity from the environment while improving the services offered to end-users