Deploying and managing applications and services on any cloud or containerisation platform can be difficult, especially if it is your first real venture into that space. In this session, we’ll go over how to build something for such an environment and also how to manage it. Furthermore, we’ll go over how to monitor it and alert on any issues that may arise giving you confidence in your estate.
What you will learn:
1. Docker build process for basic node applications.
2. Interfacing with a kubernetes cluster and managing resources.
3. Helm package manager for kubernetes.
4. Prometheus monitoring engine and alerting to slack.
- Modernising your IT Environment & Employing New Technologies
- Date:Thursday, August 29, 2019
- Time:9:30 AM
- Event:TechUG Glasgow IT Pro Community Event